Residential Rewiring for Your Home
There are many reasons for home and business owners in Jacksonville to replace or upgrade their electrical wiring. One of the reasons and usually the most common is for safety in your home, your family or your business and its clients and employees.
Other wiring upgrades need to be done because the wiring was done by a non-licensed handyman and thereby could never meet the requirements of local electrical and building codes. This is an important item not to be overlooked. Not complying with local codes, could mean your insurance company may refuse coverage altogether, or payment in the case of a fire or other claim.
Yet, another reason you could need more power is to supply the requirements of today’s larger electric consumption. Today we have more electrical devices than ever before. Larger appliances, digital everything, computers, flat screen TV’s in every room, entertainment systems wired throughout the entire house, outdoor lighting and security systems, just to name a few.
No matter what the circumstance, wiring upgrades are extremely important to ensure the safety of your home or business and to provide a stable power conduit and enough power to operate all your appliances, lighting, and everything else you have plugged in.
Electrical Wiring Safety is No Joke
The biggest reason American Electric of Jacksonville recommends wiring upgrades, is for your safety. Faulty wiring is the leading cause of residential fires, which caused over 500 deaths last year. The older your home is, the greater the likelihood that the wiring could be outdated or unsafe.
Warning Signs That You Need to Rewire:
- If the lights in your home or business dim or flicker
- If the breakers in your home or business blow or trip often
- If you have a burning smell from any appliances or within a room
- If you have any two prong ungrounded outlets throughout the house
- If there are any warm, discolored or sparking outlets or switches
- If you experience a tingling sensation when you touch an appliance
- If there aren’t any GFCI outlets in the bathrooms, kitchens, or other areas that are exposed to moisture.
Contact American Electric of Jacksonville for a Rewiring Consultation and Estimate Call: 904.721.4044