Here at American Electric of Jacksonville we’re all about providing top notch electrical services that will save energy and reduce the utility costs of your home our business. We provide in-home energy efficiency audits that identify costly energy wasters with-in your home, and provide the electrical expertise and advise to fix them. American Electric affordable energy efficiency audits will save you money!
According to the “Alliance to Save Energy” the average U.S. household will spend about $2,300 on home energy costs this year. Although every family is different, reducing your homes energy consumption and by just 20% could save you almost $500 each year.
Money and Energy Saving Tips:
- Make sure your power panel and all indoor and outdoor fixtures are properly installed
- Refrigerators, dryers, hot water heaters and ovens use a lot of power, so look for the “Energy Star” label, the government’s symbol of energy efficiency, on a wide range of consumer products to save up to 30% on related electricity bills.
- Turn off all lights, appliances and electronics not in use. A power strip can help turn off multiple items at once. This is an obvious solution, but one that will pay big dividends
- Changing to new and improved LED and halogen incandescent light bulbs will not just improve light levels in your home, but can reduce energy consumption by as much as 30% – 50% lighting your home
- During the summer use your outdoor grill as often as possible. It will keep your home from heating up and reduce the need for air conditioning
- Wash clothes in cold water to save approximately $75.00 a year
- Install a programmable thermostat to save up to 10% on cooling and heating costs
- Use window shades and shutters. By closing window coverings and blinds on the sunny side of your home in summer to keep out the hot sun, and open them in winter to bring in the warm rays.
- Reduce water heater temperature to 130° F and wrap the water storage tank in a specially-designed blanket to retain the heat.
- Realize additional energy savings by: Using low-flow faucets and shower heads, insulate the attic and crawl space, change AC filters regularly, and seal air leaks around doors and windows.
Call us today to arrange an Energy Efficiency consultation and audit