Electrical Panel Replacement & Wiring Services in Jacksonville
American Electric offers electrical panel replacement services in Jacksonville. Our licensed electricians specialize in all types of electrical work, including electrical wiring, electrical repair, panel changes, and upgrades. We can diagnose the symptoms that lead to circuit breaker failures before you have an emergency. Call to get an estimate on an electric panel upgrade.
Electrical Panel Replacement Service in Jacksonville
Owning a home is part of the American dream and has many benefits. Unfortunately, one of the disadvantages is fixing things when they stop functioning properly or break altogether. If you’re having trouble with your electricity or appliances working properly, it is probably time for an electrical panel upgrade.
SAFETY FIRST: COMMON SIGNS YOU NEED A NEW ELECTRICAL PANEL
Not every electric panel is safe and that’s why we want to make sure you’re protected. We specialize in replacing old panels that have been recalled due to fires from wiring and circuit breaker panel failures. These electric panel brands include:
- FPE (Federal Pacific Electric)
Common Reasons Why You Should Upgrade Your Electrical Box or Panel
- Does Your Home Still Have a Fuse Box? If your home has an old-fashioned panel with fuses (common in older homes built before 1960), then you probably want to upgrade to a properly sized circuit breaker box with a new electrical panel.
- Is Your Home More Than 20 Years Old? You may need a service panel upgrade. 20 plus-year-old homes typically have panels that top out at 60 amps or 100 amps, which isn’t an ideal power supply for a modern home. The benefit of upgrading to 200 amp service is that it will better meet the electrical needs of today’s technology and lifestyle.
- Is Your Electrical Panel Warm, or Worse Yet, Hot? If the panel feels warm, it could be a sign that the panel is overloaded, has been improperly installed, or is defective. Each of these problems is a fire hazard or electric shock risk and means your current panel needs replaced.
- Does Your Electrical Panel Smell? If the panel gives off a burning smell, this could be a sign that either there is a bad breaker or that the wires aren’t properly connected. These are warning signs of a short circuit and can cause an electrical fire.
- Is Your Electrical Panel Tripping Off? If your old electrical breakers trip often or if it makes a crackling sound, it needs to be replaced. The system will trip when you plug too many appliances into a circuit that requires more power than the circuit can provide. However, you may only need to replace a breaker or two and not the whole panel.
- Are Your Appliances Running Well? If your appliances aren’t running at full capacity, it may be a result of a faulty electrical panel or overloaded electrical circuit. If that’s not the problem, the panel may be outdated. Installing a new electrical panel may provide more electricity to handle the current load of your home.
- Do Your Lights Dim or Flicker Frequently? If you experience flickering lights, especially when you plug in other appliances, this could be a sign of loose connections or failing panel components.
- Are You Upgrading Your Appliances or Building an Addition? If you’re considering a major new appliance upgrade or building an addition to your home that would require additional amperage, you might consider an electric panel upgrade. Home improvement projects are a perfect time to upgrade your home’s electrical system.
- Is it Time to Install a New Electrical Panel? Safely installing a new electrical panel or circuit breaker is not a DIY job for the average homeowner and should be done by an electrical contractor. So call the professional electricians at American Electric of Jacksonville. We are experienced, licensed electricians and have all the materials to do the job right.
Do you need an electrical panel replacement? Call us today to arrange a free electrical panel consultation and estimate.