Got Kitchen Upgrade Dreams? Think New Kitchen Lighting
Dreaming of a new or upgraded kitchen? What home or commercial chef hasn’t dreamt of a more functional, more appealing kitchen space? Before tearing down walls or pulling up flooring, consider upgrading your kitchen lighting.
Planning a full kitchen remodel? Consider all your kitchen lighting options.
- Under-Cabinet Lighting
- Inside-Cabinet Lighting
- Recessed Lighting
- Track Lighting
- Task Lighting
- Accent Lighting
- Mood Lighting
- Kitchen Island Lighting
- Kitchen Drawer Lighting
- Xenon and LED Bulbs
Upgrading your kitchen lighting may be more affordable than you think, especially with modern trends in cost-saving LED lighting technology. American Electric – Jacksonville offers a wide range of kitchen lighting that can turn an outdated or inefficient cooking space into the modern kitchen of your dreams.
Put Your Kitchen in Its Best Light with LED Options
Home, commercial and industrial kitchens need both efficient general lighting and effective task lighting. Today’s LED technology allows for fun and creative kitchen lighting designs that reflect your style and sensibility.
The right kitchen lighting is not just a matter of aesthetics. It’s a matter of safety too. Busy kitchen and food prep workspaces need high lighting. Choosing the right bulb and positioning lighting fixtures properly prevents such problems as overheating, wasting energy and replacing bulbs frequently.
At American Electric – Jacksonville, we can help you shine the spotlight on your kitchen. Our knowledgeable Electrical Contractors will consult with you to discover all your best kitchen lighting options.
5 Benefits of Upgraded or New LED Kitchen Lighting
Kitchens represent the heartbeat of our homes and communities. When they operate better and more efficiently, we feel uplifted and renewed. The benefits of upgraded or new LED lighting technology in the kitchen are many; here are but a few:
- Safer food preparation, cleaning, and serving conditions: Kitchen-related injuries are often due to poor general lighting or insufficient task lighting. Options for effective general or ambient lighting include recessed or “can” lighting, pendant light fixtures or ceiling flush mounts. LED Under-Cabinet Strips provide bright task lighting that remains cool to the touch.
- Reduced energy use and costs:An LED bulb can last 25 to 50 times longer than an incandescent or halogen bulb. Energy consumption differences are significant as well: 8 watts average for LED versus 140 watts for halogen and 80 watts for Xenon bulbs. LEDs use 25% to 80% less energy than incandescent such as halogen and Xenon, saving money over time.
- Brighter, whiter light: LED lighting puts out a brighter, whiter light while remaining cool to the touch. Old florescent lights produce a harsh white light, and incandescent lights create a warm, yellow light. Though halogen and Xenon lights are considered “white” as they register at a higher Kelvin temperature than do incandescent lights, LED lights render a whiter light at the same range on the Kelvin scale.
- Greater creativity and functionality in kitchen design: Today’s kitchen trends call for greater flexibility and creativity in lighting design along with increased functionality. We want to do more and have more fun doing it! LED Linear Suspension Lighting allows for independent control of direct and indirect lighting. Toe Kick Lighting and Cabinet Drawer Lighting illuminate in ways that make enjoying your kitchen easier.
- Increased property value: Upgrading or adding new kitchen lighting typically occurs as part of a kitchen remodel project. Whether for the home, commercial or industrial kitchen, smart kitchen lighting investments can pay off by increasing your real estate property’s value.
Start planning your Kitchen Lighting project today with American Electric of Jacksonville.